Its very important to lock our devices such as computers, mobiles phones, tablets, etc., with passwords. It keeps our data safe, but sometimes it becomes a headache. Many a times in a hurry we set a password and moments later we forget it. If we input incorrect password, some devices get locked, especially apple devices such as iPads, iPhone and iPods.
Soon we will be having the new iPad 3 in our hands, and if the above situation occurs, it can be really heartbreaking. So lets know how to overcome the forgotten password issue.
How to Reset iPad 3 Password?
The only way to reset the password is to restore your device with the computer you last synced with. It will reset the password and sync the data from your last backup in Itunes.
If you are nowhere near that synced computer, you can still reset the password from another another computer running iTunes, but the data will be lost forever. So proceed with caution.
Step-by-Step Guide to Passcode Reset
1. Connect your iPad 3 to Windows PC or Mac
2. Now open iTunes app and click your iPad from the Devices list on the left.
3. Click Restore, and when it asks your permission to take a backup, just ask it to ignore.
4. iTunes might download the latest version of the iOS in order to restore your device.
5. You should be able to reset the password now.
The above Password Resetting method should work with all iOS devices such as iPads, iPhones and iPods.
You should visit Apple’s support page if the above method for any reason does not work.
Yes, Resetting iPad passcode is as simple as that. I know a lot of people who have gone to the Apple Genius bar just because of this.